How Many Lines You Need ?
You will need multi-lines for a small business telephone system. Through multi-line operations, you have the choice of putting the current call on hold in order to make another call. In other words, you can use two telephone lines with just one telephone. All this makes the multi-line telephone a convenient and effective way to manage business calls.
In the SystemThe majority of multi-line small business telephone systems have call waiting, caller ID, digital answering system, speed dial system, caller ID memory and three-way conferencing. Some multi-line small business telephone systems also have speakerphone, mute keys, 32 number memory, flash, hold, handset volume controller and auto redial.
For the success of your small business, it is of paramount importance that you have digital lines apart from the conventional telephone lines. When you have two or three telephone lines, you can use them for fax, voice calls and connection to an Electronic Point of Sale machine.
FeaturesBefore setting up lines for small business telephone system, make sure that you are getting these features:
- Three-way calling - With the help of this feature, you can handle two calls on the same telephone line.
- Call waiting - This feature lets you know that someone is calling when you are in the middle of talking with another client.
- Voice mail - Makes sure that you are getting a basic message-taking service. Through this service, you can save and access as many messages you want. It contains incoming messages and a standard outgoing message. If your telephone is not answered, incoming callers will hear the standard outgoing message.
- Call forwarding - This feature allows you to forward incoming calls to another telephone number.
- Caller display - You can get all the details of the caller with caller display.
- Call blocking - You can control your calls with call blocking feature.